Capital Pacific recently revamped our image and message – let’s call it CPx.
We’ve had good feedback as well as interest in sharing our process. The process was lengthy and quite insightful – and should always start with information gathering and agreement on goals…
So let’s start with Phase 1, Gathering of Info & Goal Setting:
Do your research:
- What are your industry leaders up to? Their strengths?
- What do their brands communicate and how would you position yourself in comparison?
- What are your strengths? Your differentiation(s)?
Set goals and get sign off:
- What are your strengths and how should you communicate them?
- How do you want to position yourself in your market?
Understand the basic elements of visual communication:
- Each visual element evokes a response, make sure that response aligns with your goals, and make sure that all the different elements complement each other
- Design elements
A quick peek at our own re-branding goals:
- Our goal: to convey our human side while demonstrating a high level of knowledge as market leaders – all this with an energetic vibe.
- The building blocks of our brand: Our choice of colors, backgrounds, and imagery all had to align with our goals. The tone of voice was also a big one.
- We started with our website then moved into every other visual communication medium